Friday, October 08, 2010

Halloween music...week 1

Here some songs for Halloween or Amateur Night as I like to call it! Making a Halloween playlist can be pretty easy. Misfits, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper etc. But I'm not gonna take the safe 'n easy route. I'm gonna turn lay some shit on you that will either leave you wanting more more or turnin' yer Fruit o' the looms into a fudge factory! Muahahahaha!

Jack the Ripper Screamin' Lord Sutch
I've never heard Alice Cooper refer to this underrated performer as an influence but the seeds are here...especially for the mid-70s Alice


Night of the Vampire Entombed
Great cover of a Roky Erickson classic


I Walked With A Zombie Roky Erickson
If you ain't familiar with Roky's work please check him out...because he's just passin' through our reality...


Murderdolls She was a Teenage Zombie
B horror movies, eyeliner, perfect mixture of punk and 80s metal & they like to say fuck...Perfect!


Bela Lugosi's Dead Bauhaus
The perfect goth band


Monster's Holiday Buck Owens
One of the first records I ever owned.


Nosferatu Blue Oyster Cult
Tryin' to decide which BOC song to add is a bitch!


Next week I'll have seven more!

2 comments:

hazMattSoot said...

Awesome...I've been putting together a tracklist for my Halloween party and I'll definitely be using some of these.

I bumped into you at King's Island FrightFest and decided to grab one of your Big Dead Machine shirts...I wound up here after poking around on your site. Btw...the world of strange merchandise is unavailable since their site is down.

Take it easy!

Unknown said...

Matt,
It was cool running into you. I expected to run into someone there but I figured it would be a local!

If there was some World of Strange apparel you wanted I can get you anything you need. They are still in business.

I got your Big Dead Machine order and will send it out shortly.
Thanks!