Tuesday, May 19, 2009

W.I.F.E. - A rollercoaster of emotions...

I've been recuperating from my first film festival, the World Independent Film Expo (WIFE) held in Richmond KY.  Let me first say that until I began doing the con and festival circuit I had no idea there were so many talented people in my home state of Kentucky. And the more events I attend the more they crawl out of the woodwork. I am extremely happy that events such as WIFE and Scarefest are here to give the local talent a place to get out and meet & make fans.

So Friday evening we set up at the Galaxy Bowling Alley where some films, some panels and the small dealer's area is located. After hanging out a while our friends Justin and Audrey make it in and we head out for the Hell-ephone premiere. Hell-ephone was made by our friends ZP International and features some old friends like Jim O'Rear, Daniel Emery Taylor, John Dugan & Kayla Perkins and some new ones such as Jason Crowe, David Fultz and James Tackett. Waiting for the movie we had our fill of fun, frivolities and beer! Afterwards more beer and a late dinner at Steak n' Shake which is where we finally got to meet Jason Crowe and Roni Jonah. During the evening we also met David Fultz who I found out was raised mere miles from where I grew up! Small world! 
Saturday was more of the same, set up, peddle some stuff, make new friends. Saturday night held a few surprises, most of which I can't (or won't) repeat here. The Big Guy Dance Dance Revolution Smackdown was hands down the highlight of the weekend! When Daniel Taylor and TJ Moreschi were denied a dance off against two teenage girls they decided to compete against each other. The photos are below and there will be video floating aound out there! It was an event that had to be seen to be believed! And then there was Steak n' Shake...God bless the poor souls working that night. They were great sports to put up with a crowd of...well, just a crowd such as ours! 
Sunday was a little slower, more laid back. We hung around doing our thing and stayed for the awards ceremony.  I was shocked at the number of folks that turned out for the event. This is one show that really has a lot of potential! 

Top 10 events from WIFE:
1. Steak n' Shake's newest menu item, the Tube Steak!
2. Tacketts, Tacketts everywhere!
3. Travel size George Bonillas are always a plus
4. Finding out an actor that has played Leatherface is a lot more complex than first imagined 
5. More simulated sex than you could shake a stick at, I tried
7. A very moist cinema
8. The fetish list
9. A Trolley Named Feigned Interest
10. Hanging out with people that continue to deny my existence

Thanks to Anthony, George and everyone that made our trip a memorable experience... On to the photos!

The Dance Dance Revolution battle is underway!

Daniel uses his brain almost as much as he uses his feet

Jim calls the winner

Dance weary warriors leave the arena

Daniel celebrates his victory with a nap

Me, Heather Justin & Audrey

Tube Steak

David Fultz and me

Me and my Travel Size George Bonilla

Me, George and Heather...see my horns?

Would you buy a Steakburger from this man?



Mad, bad and dangerous to know

No comments: