Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Filler

I thought I'd post this filler blog while I gather the photos from the Chicago Comic Con and our shenanigans during out mini-vacation. 


First I'd like to give a sneak peek and the almost finalized cover for the upcoming book The Call of Lovecraft from Papercut Books



Here is the list of the astounding authors taking part in this anthology: 
 Ramsey Campbell
John F.D. Taff
William Meikle
John B. Rosenman
Carol MacAllister
J. Travis Grundon
Jacqueline Seewald
Lee Clark Zumpe
Brian Barnett
Gregory L. Norris
H. David Blalock
Scott Lefebvre
H.P. Lovecraft


Next up in the Shameless Self Promotion Agenda is Jonathan Maberry's new book is out. Wanted Undead or Alive: Vampire Hunters and other Kick Ass Enemies of Evil is the latest non-fiction book by the NT Times best-seller and multi-Bram Sotker Award winning author. It was co-authored by Janice Gable Bashman features interviews and art by some of the best in the business like Menton J. Matthews III, Sam Flegal, Chad Michael Ward, Mike Mignola, Peter Straub, Jack Ketchum, Don Maitz and more. Oh, I'm in there too! 





In the Who Knew? section I have this tid bit: I was contacted by a person asking if I was related to someone who was big into sci-fi by the name of Roy Tackett. All Tacketts are pretty much from the same stock which makes us all cousins to an extent but no, I am not closely related to this gentleman. But to find this out I did a Google search on him. lo and behold he had a Wikipedia article on him. He didn't just found a convention or two. He didn't just write short stories and reviews. He is credited with introducing science fiction to Japan! And for his work with Japanese fandom he was one of only two Americans awarded the "Nippon SF Fandom" award, Forrest J. Ackerman being the other. So a Tackett is in some way responsible for Godzilla...and anime...Who knew? 

No comments: